Monday, March 30, 2015

Malawi Messages #1

Miles says:
This trip has been nothing short of what I expected. In fact, it has been even more than I expected. It has been the privilege checkup I desperately needed. Meeting the kids today brought a smile to my face instantly. I can't wait to love on these kids during the rest of the week. The hospital visit was a major shock but it was amazing bringing smiles and joy to the faces of the kids and their guardians from what seemed like small gifts and a simple song. I can't wait to experience the rest of this trip!

Kelcey says:
At the beginning of the trip I was a little anxious about being away from home for so long but Malawi seems like it could become a second home. Everyone is so welcoming and I'm really enjoying getting to know everyone on the team. The bonds we have formed make it seem like we've been here for 2 weeks even though we've only been here for a few days. Mom & Dad, I've found some children that we need to adopt. There's a little girl named Alena who is 9 and loves wearing my sunglasses, a little girl named Mavis who has only spoken 3 words to me so far (but I couldn't hear her because she's so quiet), and a little boy named Bonface who just looks at you with his big brown eyes and holds on to your hand. I could go on but I need stories to tell when I get back.

CBSD (Miss Doyle) says:
Hello! This trip is amazing so far, and all you parents out there should be so proud of your children. As they fall in love with the children of Malawi, we TKA teachers fall a little more in love with them. Thank you for all your prayers, and I send all my love to my friends and family, and belly rubs to Scrappers. :)

Auntie Karen says:
I love your children!!!  I am so proud of them.  They have experienced both great hardship staring at them in the hospital, and utter joy as they met and played with the children of MCM.  Their love for these kids was contagious, and they are an absolute joy to us leaders.  Thank you for the privilege of entrusting them to us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a joyus surprise to see :-) Although youI was told it was coming, your own words are lovely to hear Miles, Kelcey, Miss Doyle, and Auntie Karen!! Yes, yes I cried!! The picture of you Kelcey with those babies!! I would love it if we could adopt them!! We will just have to plan on going back!! Can't wait to hear more! Sending love and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see a message from you, Kari!! Love all the posts and especially all the photos. I'm sure you're on photographer duty so it's great to see you show up in the photos too! Praying for good rest and health for everybody there. Also, Emma says HI Auntie Kari! She wants to apologize for accidentally trying to FaceTime you during your overnight layover in Johannesburg. Mommy wasn't fast enough to grab the phone before it started ringing so she's hoping it didn't go through or wake you up. We miss you here but know you're doing great work over there! Hope the week at MCM is continuing to go well. Hello to Aymie, Karen, and Debbie, too! TLBY <3
    Love, Tina

    ReplyDelete