Friday, March 29, 2013

More Pics and Student Updates

CBSD here, checking in again. God has been tremendously good to us on this trip, and we are having a wonderful time. For now, I'm just going to share some more photos and a couple more updates from some of the students. (We've been trying to find time for them all to post, but we have pretty busy days, and everyone has been making very healthy decisions about when to go to bed, so there isn't much time for writing in the evenings. We will try, though!)

[Oh, and hi to Mom, Seeser, J., and Tinar! And Scrappers, but I don't think he can read this, since he is a cat.]

Zach Clinger:
Hey mom, nana, papa, Chris and everybody else who gets a chance to read this! This past week of traveling and going to the center to help the kids has just truly been life changing. I cannot thank you all enough for helping me get to this point. I've seen some things I don't think I ever would have seen back in the states and they've changed me. I've also gotten to spend a LOT of time with kids from pre-school all the way up to highschool at MCM (the feeding center we are helping at) since Monday. The church service here was OUTSTANDING and I cannot wait to go back again on Sunday. I thank you all again for helping me get here, and I'll have many more stories with details when I get back. Love you all, see you in about a week!

[Editor's Note: Yes, Zach has been camera shy. He's always BEHIND the camera, so it's hard to get photos! I'm working on it, however. :) ]

Abraham Zuniga:
Hi Mom, Dad, and Mich! My time here so far in Africa has been CRAZY! Everyday we go to the MCM Center and help feed the kids, do chores around the place and visit local villages. I have seen God move in my life in a way like never before. Seen the faces on theses kids and seeing their desire for love and food has made me develope a love and and compassion for the people here and anywhere else around the world where there is need. This trip has definetaly opened up my eyes to the work that has been layed out before us by our Lord. I can't wait to get back home to share this fire and passion with our church! I pray for you and the church every morning as we have our daily morning devotionals for 30 minutes and I have felt  God move even in that short amount of time. Overall I am very very thankful that you let me come on this trip and I praise God for the incredible this that he is doing, and I belieive will keep on doing, in my life. See you guys in a week! God Bless.












7 comments:

  1. More amazing pictures, love them all.

    Thank you for the message Zach I will be sure everyone reads it. I am looking forward to hearing more stories when you return. Stop being camera shy and running/ducking away from the camera I know how you can be. Keep up the good work, I am so proud of you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zach - Nana and pops said, "Pops and I are so proud of you and we are glad you are helping others."

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see the pics and hear from you all! We are now back in the states after serving in Mexico this week so we can post Milan, we miss you tons but love what you are doing there! We pray for you and the team every day. So proud of you. Can't wait to hear your stories. Love you. Mom,Dad &Mason

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zach - More messages being sent your way in response to your message. Uncle Russ said, "Tell Zach we are very proud of him. Hope he is having some fun.".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello to the Team in Malawi. We are just home from Mexico and had a great week there. We appreciate being able to catch up on what you have been doing. Please let Micaela know we love and miss her and are praying for her each day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos are precious, keep them coming! Continued prayers for Team Malawi, we are all so proud of you!

    Message for Faleica - Please do not bring your pillow home, leave it there:-) On Twitter Vante saw that Vernon Davis bought a Jamba juice in Santa Clara so they went and were able to meet him and take photos, Vante was even retweeted. Heat are back on their winning streak. Elite Eight = Louisville vs Duke, Wichita St vs Ohio St, Michigan vs Florida and Syracuse vs Marquette. Love you, Isha girl and can't wait to hear your stories! <3 Mom, Dad, Sambo & Vante <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiiii BFF! Although Scrappers cannot read, I'm sure he feels your love being sent all the way across the world. I heard he has gotten snuggle visits from both of the Roses. They report that he is both 1) bigger and 2) faster than they remembered/expected. Brenda said he was very happy to hang out for about 45 minutes and then he darted off (hence "faster than expected"). Holding down the fort at TKA went well. It's also been very busy getting my mom's house to go on the market but we were able to have open houses this weekend so hooray!

    Love love LOVE all the photos you've been posting. The joy and love being shared shines through so clearly! I like that you have been in not one but TWO photos so far already - we usually don't get that many glimpses of you, photographer lady. All the shots have been amazing but one of my favorites is from the first picture post - Eric with two kids in his arms, and their three matching grins - absolutely precious!

    I miss you LOTS and hope I get to see you on the day you return. I may fight J. for some time with you, even though it will be his birthday and I GUESS he should get priority. Oh, an unrelated logistics note: the E Building will be completely closed off for facilities work during April 4-6, so if you need me to get anything out of the classroom for you, let me know!

    I have been praying for you and the whole team, but thinking especially of you and Joanne. Please give her a hug for me.

    TLBY!
    - Tina

    ReplyDelete