Sunday, April 16, 2017

Malawi Day 8 (Easter Sunday)

Today, Easter Sunday, we went to church after an eye-opening week at MCM. Many of us are changed and have grown closer both to God and each other. I was wondering when I should sign up to write the blog and I just “randomly” signed up for Sunday, but it was definitely God choosing the day for me. During the prayer in church, I had a strong connection with God. The speaker was talking about how we see Jesus’ power in his resurrection, but we don’t always trust his power in other areas of our lives. I felt God’s presence then, and I had chills and was sweating and crying all at the same time. I was thinking about how just over a year ago my mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and we all thought she wasn’t going to make it. Through God’s power, her cancer changed from pancreatic to ovarian cancer without an explanation, and all the doctors had no idea how something like that could have happened. They were able to do chemo and surgery, and her cancer went away. However, her cancer returned about a month ago, and I found myself not trusting in the power that God so clearly showed me. I was reflecting on how I have no need to worry about my mom’s condition because God is looking out for her. It was a great moment for me today, and I definitely have grown closer to God and will have a newfound trust and deeper faith in him after today. That is just today alone – this past week with the children at MCM has humbled me to great lengths. I have seen their faith and love for God, and going on mission trips, I have always found myself learning more from the people I’m serving than they learn from me, but this trip is truly life changing, and I can’t wait to go back to MCM the next two days and spend time with the children there.

- Josh Pasquinelli



No comments:

Post a Comment